Friday 20 July 2012

Preparing for my new job.

It's been quite a contented holiday so far...I've had a huuuuge list of jobs to do but they have been non-essential bits and bobs that I haven't had chance to do whilst working. But time is still going past so quick. I've been preparing for my new job too so I am hoping that our holiday in August will be just that, a holiday.

I wasn't sure where to start with the prepping. I've gone through plans left to me by by predecessor. So really, I could go straight into the job with just a little bedtime reading. However, I just feel a bit of a flutter when I realise I could really try and make this job, this role, my own. I could really set up my own lesson plans to fit the curriculum...my god, there are so many gorgeous, fun and exciting ideas on the internet that i could get quite carried away.

So many super art teaching blogs I have subscribed to; Deep Space Sparkle, Mrs. Brown's Art, Art is BasicPink and Green Mama, Cassie Stephens (love this girl, I WILL make her rock guitar apron!)...

And there are the standard topics each year is covering so I will try and vary those a little.

I've been really into the research and collation of  projects and standalone lessons that it's just occurred to me that I am going to have to be a teacher as well! Must remember my skills!

Maybe I'm being a little optimistic and over-excited (it's been known...)...maybe I should just take a deep breath and just find my feet first.

Oooh, and I've discovered my GCSE Art folder! What great fun was that, looking through all my coursework. I loved art at school, I remember. And I think I did a good few pieces. I might put them up in my Art office to remind me of how much I enjoyed art at school and how I'd love to inspire these children.

No comments:

Post a Comment