Saturday 8 September 2012

Year 6's first lesson

I found this picture a few months back on Teacher's Pet UK facebook update.(Aaaargh...can't find it when I need it! Watch this space!) It gave me the idea to use for Year 6 in their last year...what is their vision?

I thought it would be ideal to use with Year 6 as it is their final year at Primary School. I wanted them to envisage what they see themselves doing this year but also what they want to achieve this year.

I had to step back at one point in the introduction as they had misunderstood what I was asking them. Some of them responded with what they wanted to do in Art this year. So it is essential to phrase the intention in a way that is not ambiguous - it is about what they want to become better at, what they want to achieve, what they want to try etc. We got there in the end and the results were great! We had such fun!





 
The responses varied from becoming head boy to becoming better at Maths to perfecting scooter tricks! Enjoy the pics. Apologies for the rubbish quality...zoomed right in and cropped along with rushing a little when taking them. Consider them snaps please, rather than photography!






 

Let's see if they stick to their plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment