Friday 14 September 2012

A weekend of being Super Mum…

Well, actually that's not entirely true. I could revel in the fact that Bear had a lovely sleepover here with her two besties thanks to my planning and creativity. 

Plan = Painting their own pillowcases, swapping friendship bracelets, decorating her room with streamers and balloons, using window crayons to decorate...well, her window and make their own pizzas. 

Reality = I go to Yoga all day (more on that later), they arrive when I'm still out, they play Barbies, Dad takes them to the pool, they make their own pizzas (one off the list at least!), I explode a huge party popper in her room (glad I'm not OCD), they watch DVDs all evening, more DVDs this morning, then I make them sit down and paint. (I didn't really, honestly, I just wanted to see these fabric paints I bought!). 

 022 023  
021024

Now I'm making flapjacks for Bear to take into school tomorrow for her actual Birthday! A great recipe from BBC Good Food...the lemon zest is a great addition.

I think I'll know all about being Super Mum when football season kicks off. I've completed Pops' application to joining MCFL so that'll be every Thursday morning and one evening in the week where I'm taxi driver. (It's not guaranteed he'll be in but watch this space). Both kids have also started at Muscat Pirates, the children's rugby club. No after school clubs for these two!

No comments:

Post a Comment