Thursday 6 September 2012

Art from Art

First Art lesson for year 3L; still the first week so a standalone activity away from project work.

I found the idea on Pinterest (where else?!) but it sends me to the home page of the creator and I can't find the actual project description so I'm afraid it's my interpretation based on the picture alone.

This is the website link that the picture bounces back to.

Patty over on Deep Space Sparkle wrote a good outline on how to Pin correctly so that if you do click on a project picture it actually sends you to the project page itself. I should pay heed to it as well! Never quite sure if I do it right!

Anyway, today's lesson...

The aim:


This activity involved three stages. The design of their picture, the measuring of the grid on the back of the picture (slightly dubious as to year 3s measuring skills at this stage but hey, I'm there for help! :-) ) and the rearranging of the squares into a new abstract kind of feel!

The one above used felt pens with black outline which I think just pops, it's great! Trouble is, at the moment we haven't had our resource delivery yet from the UK and so not all classes have felt pens. So I decided to give them the watercolours to save what pens they had, and then outline at the final stages using one colour.




I get so carried away with wondering round the class, talking to the children about what they're doing that I forget my camera. Maybe I should just get a compact for school to keep in my apron pocket. So that's why there are only a few photos on this one. I'll get it right one day!

The girl who was working on this picture below came up to me and asked if she could start again as it wasn't turning out how she wanted. I told her to give it a chance and see what happens. So we worked a little bit together (I did not influence her at all, I made sure everything came from her) and she managed to finish it with a big smile on her face!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment