Friday 22 June 2012

New book centre in Al Khuwair

Just back from Shatti...brunch at D'arcy's (haven't done that in over a year!), a shop in Nick and Friends sale and an ice cream at Gelato for the kids - a lovely Friday. BH is still up Jebel Shams somewhere.

I am definitely in holiday-mode now, it doesn't feel like a Friday as I don't have that heavy feeling that I have to plan for the week ahead. Happy Days! Also planning a get-together for tomorrow before friends head off.

Anyway, the main reason for this post is an article I found in the latest copy of 'Y' magazine.
The article that grabbed my attention was about 'My Book and Me'. Initially I thought that it was a new book shop (much needed here in Muscat) but in actual fact it's a library of sorts catering to adults and children. It's located in Al Khuwair, not far from the ice rink apparently.

What appealed to us - the fact it is a much needed source of books for the kids aside - was that it is described as an educational centre that offeres a range of activities and programmes, not just reading, to all ages. One-day and week-courses are on offer too plus plans to set up a book club too. Like it. I really hope it works. It's based on day-passes or membership packages...I hope this is accessible to everyone.

Mrs. S. and I are going to check it out tomorrow hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment