Thursday 21 June 2012

End of the school year...

Well, that's it. The school year is done. My, I'm exhausted. There were tears and laughter on the last few days as expected. More so when the parents came to give us gifts and cards on Monday.

These children have crawled into my heart and so have their parents. Through my own experience as a parent I see that some class families click and some just don't. This was a class that really did work. And the parents were wonderful. I think having a small class compared to the average of the UK helps as you can really have the time to get to know the child and the family. I've had the few where I sometimes wonder if the maid did everything for them, even the homework and listening to them read. But this term saw a turnaround and a new attitude from the parents...it was brilliant to feel that we had managed to convince them that it WAS a good and vital thing to be a part of their child's education.

These were my gifts. My TA (gorgeous lady, complete star, held me together many times) received similar:

I actually could not read this when I received it...the tears were too close!

A herbal thai massage! YESSSSSS!

Lovely bouquet from work


This was a very special and personal gift from
one of the children's parents.
It's all been about the play and the fun in the last few days so we finished up with some art and craft based (loosely!) on Georgia O'Keefe's flower collage and art.







Even my TA did a piece ready for the new class next year. I will miss her....she's been writing the new teacher's name on all the resources... and I can't stop myself from wondering if I'm leaving too soon...but things happen for a reason. And my own kids were the main reason I am leaving.

So now it's officially the school holidays. Pops has claimed he's bored already. BH has disappeared off up Jebel shams this weekend. I'm trying to start preparing for being an art teacher (so excited!) in the hope of avoiding becoming bored. Friends are starting to jet off for the summer :-(

It's going to be a long one, methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment