Sunday 16 February 2014

Artist of the moment

Thanks to a neighbour/Facebook friend/fellow art lover, we got into a 'past the art on' thang on Facebook. (I'm ready to sign out of fb tbh...if it wasn't for this blog and the fact I live abroad).
 
So, she posted an artist and a piece of work...whomever liked it would then be sent another artist...they would then find and post a piece of work and so on. It appears I have 2, maybe 3 art appreciators on fb. So its bouncing between a few of us at the moment!
 
I found Peter Doig for my neighbour, thinking of the Scottish connection.
 
And he's now my favourite artist of the moment. Dreamlike landscapes and magical scenes.
Milky Way. 1989/90. Oil on canvas.
 
The Architect's Home in the Ravine. 1991. Oil on canvas.

Orange Sunshine. 1995. Oil on canvas.
The Hitch-Hiker. 1989/90. Oil on sack cloth.

I tell you what, it has really got me fired up to take my Art History Diploma when football season is over in April!

No comments:

Post a Comment