Sunday 16 February 2014

A weekend for the girls...plus 40th BP#5

Ok, this is a belated post...
really, when will someone invent an extra day in the weekend already?
 
The last weekend in January saw me head off to Abu Dhabi for my Gaelic Football tournament...it was the kids the weekend before and hubby's next weekend...I flew up and was like a little girl, so excited at travelling on my own, not having to fret or worry about keeping my own children in check.
 
By the end of the weekend I had left my hat in the airport. Before I had even left Muscat. And left my lovely lime green Haivianas at the stadium. I am truly incapable of looking after myself! 
MISSING IN ACTION: not exactly high end style but certainly
the hippy comfort I know and love :-(
Long story short, fabulous and feisty weekend. I think I found my place in this game but more importantly a role as a team member. And obviously super celebrations carried onto in the early hours at the hotel. I am starting to get to know some of the girls from other teams around the region and I caught up with my girl Fiona from the
 
Bear went on an outward bound course in the mountains. She's a proper little Bear Grylls. She loved setting up camp with four sticks and a sheeting. Not everyone did apparently! Next one booked in May!
 
 
Birthday Project Update #5
 
I gave the taxi driver to my hotel a hefty tip. He was new. Hadn't been in the country 5 days. He seemed to be struggling how to use the GPS so I offered but he politely said he was ok and knew where he was going. I doubted a little if I'm honest.

I arrived no problem.

He deserved the tip and my gratefulness and wishes of safe driving. I hope he is doing well. I hope HE gets the tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment