Monday 17 February 2014

40th Birthday Project #6 and 7

Number 6

Pops' team won on a rare occasion at the weekend by a good score. The other team had a little goalie in play and he was just diddy. I don't think he wanted to be there but there he was. I noticed that there was no grown up near the goal with him supporting him and just being there...maybe he needed it.  Then again maybe it was a conscious decision not to...it's not my place to speculate.
 
Anyway, near the end of the match the other team changed goalkeepers and I decided that apart from me giving him the odd comment getting him ready for the ball coming back to his half, I had missed my chance with the little one so I'd try and make up for it...I asked the replacement if he'd like me to stand with him and help him. He said he was fine but I stood near anyway.
 
Then in the shake-hands line (sportsmanship issues aside) I found the first goalie and gave him a big hug and told him I thought he was a brave boy and did a great job. He thought I was mad I expect but I hope it gave a him a little boost.


Number 7

I gave some flowers to the ladies I know on the complex. Just because they're yummy mummies and lovely ladies.



No comments:

Post a Comment