Monday 6 January 2014

40th Birthday project #1

And so it begins. I'm 39 today so this year is my 40th year and I'm starting The Project!
 
A year of 40 Acts of Random Kindness, wherever I may be.
 
Going through the plethora of ideas and inspiration on the internet, I have realised that we as a family carry out little acts of kindness without labelling it as such. So I am going to have to think higher and harder!
 
1. This is when/where the seed was planted all those years ago:

I remember seeing this book in the studios of Radio Kent years back when I worked there. It got my attention as I thought it was an inspirational, fun, karmic thing to do.
 
Then I got on with my day.
 
That was back when I didn't have children
and I wasn't making the most of the small things in life
and I didn't appreciate how lucky and fortunate I was in so many aspects of my life.
 
But it's not all about me. What a lovely way to pay my good fortune forward to other people in so many different ways. I hope they continue it on.
 
So, I have started a list...17 on it so far. In no particular order but with some, the timing will have to be planned.
 
2. Here's the lady that got me motivated to start my own project:
3. And here I am:
 
Number 1:
The staff at school returned today, a day before the children. I turned my hurruuuumphs in to 'you're welcomes' by giving out gift cards for a coffee and a Pinkberry yoghurt, as I couldn't take them all out for my birthday!




No comments:

Post a Comment