Wednesday 28 August 2013

Newbie Artist Musings

Well, I'm learning something...

I'm in the middle of my second commission. As you read this, bear in mind I'm a newbie 'artist', I'm going to learn things as I go along. For instance, I now know that shape with colour and texture are my thing with a dabble into sketching.
 
As far as commissions go, when the friend/neighbour/customer/client requests something specific as far as colour goes, I've got to check as I go along if it's definitely what they want. This must get annoying!
 
It's happening just now. Two specific colours have been requested with freedom for design. I'm now at the stage where I'm about to paint in the second colour and personally, I think its looks really lovely as it is...as my neighbour says, it's more soothing. But he knows what he wants. He likes his colour and vibrancy.
 
So on we go with the final stages! So excited and I'm loving painting. Trouble is if no one else asks me to paint for them I'm be churning out loads just for my benefit! Still, at least I have school to keep me occupied soon...
 
A little taster for you...

A snapshot that may be seen as rather obscure and possibly not quite true to the final piece...

No comments:

Post a Comment