Thursday 10 October 2013

More of the expat life...

Lots of paintbrushy stuff recently, I hardly post about my expat life here in Oman. Admittedly art has become a new passion of mine, whether teaching it, viewing it or making it. So forgive me if it's art-heavy over here. It makes me smile.

But the 'pedicures' side of life here continues. Not so many of those really. No time. It's not all relaxing by the beach or the pool, kindle or costa in hand. It's all about the kids now. Clubs every day. Rugby, guitar, football, sailing, choir. I'll fit my Gaelic football, golf and yoga in, hubby'll get to play rugby and bike ride at some point. It's none stop. I'm shattered. But it's through our own choosing. I am not complaining. I could quite easily stop the kids' club or not go to mine. But why do that? The kids have told me what they want to do, we've discussed limits and tiredness and making sure we have one quiet early night a week. We have a balance. Life's good.

But I'm still shattered. Weird feelings and pressure in my head. The meteoropath in me??

So I've decided to do something about it rather that make an action list to do something about it. Today I went to see a cranialsacral therapist. I'd heard of it as a young mum, great for babies etc. it was recommended to me for my migraines. So I thought I'd try it for my general 'unwellness'.

Interesting practise!
 
She basically manipulates and feels for the membrane between my head and my sacrum in my lower back and feels the vibrations and tensions. I didn't feel anything astounding or health changing but the fact she was noticing certain things in my body that I hadn't told her about told me that she was hitting the spot.
 
I'm still on the Topamax and after the neurologist increasing my dosage because the migraines hadn't disappeared as expected and this increase in dosage in turn coincided with another day with 4 auras, I knew I had to action my action list!
 
I can but try.

No comments:

Post a Comment