Saturday 27 October 2012

I haven't posted in a month!

I haven't even been surfing Pinterest! (well...a bit...)

I spend all my spare time planning and checking I'm ready for the next lesson. It's becoming a little more than a part-time job now so I need to rein that in a little. I do however, have so much more time for my own children, I see them every day around school and it's a lovely feeling being able to have a little Mummy minute, spying on them in the playground a little.

I'm really taking the time with the lessons as I want to make sure they complete most things so they see projects through. Lessons that are scheduled for one session have led in to two and I'm beginning to deal with that fact - it's ok, I'd rather do that than be stressed trying to rally them to speed up and complete. That's not the point. Enjoyment and a sense of completion are as important in art as is the learning. However, it's put me a bit behind so I still have a sense of worry. But I AM the Art department so as long as I'm not out of control!

That'll be the two weeks before Christmas.

So my new Maori art plans are going very well. It's been great fun! And I swear by playing relevant music in the classroom to try and encompass the whole experience. I will write with the Maori plans eventually.

I have discovered a new art teacher and website - www.paulcarneyarts.com. I found him when trying to find an interesting and different charcoal lesson for Year 6. What's appealing to me just now is his section on Assessment and levelling. Will offer comment on that in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment